Thursday, May 23, 2013

Learning to Stamp

May 23rd, 2013



A lot has happened since my last blog.  Like the picture to the left, the recent addition of some stamps and products has led to some experimenting!  I discovered that too much paint on the stamp left a sloppy image.  After several tries, I found that using a sponge to apply the paint to the stamp worked the best.  You get a nice image this way.



I have also been experimenting with the removal of color.  The piece to the right has been stamped with a paint that is supposed to disappear when ironed and washed.  It has been ironed, but not washed so I can't say it will disappear, but I will let you know.







These two pictures show a bee stamp that was sponged with a product to remove color.  If you look closely, the one above shows the outline of the bee before ironing.  After being pressed, the image of the bee appears!









Look at this beautiful color!  It was achieved with hyacinth flowers.  It's so fun to see what you get depending on what you use.  The final outcome is below.  I love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment