Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 13th, 2013

Hi everyone!  Welcome back.  After my trip to Wisconsin for the India Flint workshop, I have been busy painting, dyeing and now eco-dyeing.  My most recent work has focused on improving my technique in getting the print from plants onto the cotton fabric.  Over the last two days I have been able to get a few good impressions, including that of several zinnia flowers.  I love the anticipation of opening up a bundle to see what the results are.

Here's an interesting onesie that was folded and dyed with logwood.  The band in the middle looked like it needed some embellishment, so I decided to try leaf pounding using redbud leaves.  Some of the leaves were more purple, while another was green.  I have washed this garment several times without the leaf impressions fading.Take a look at the results.

close-up of the leaves
onesie dyed in logwood







No comments:

Post a Comment