Monday, July 1, 2013

Learning As I Go......

July 1st, 2013

I have been busy, no I mean really busy!  With the exception of a trip to Arizona for my grandson's baptism, I have been scouring, mordanting and dyeing onesies.  Here I have my workstation set up outside.


For those of you who live on the East coast, we haven't seen much sun recently, so I have had to move inside.  In addition, the outlet to plug the cooktop in has stopped working, so some trouble shooting needs to happen before setting up there again.

Below are some of the most recent onesies I've dyed.  The last one has some interesting markings from folding the garment before adding it to the dye pot.  All of these onesies were dyed with natural powered dyes.
logwood dye

logwood flower


weld
weld flower

 
madder
madder dye
madder dye

No comments:

Post a Comment